Emily Herman believes that acupuncture can help anyone live and enjoy life more fully. She loves listening to her clients and tailoring treatments to their individual needs.
Emily earned her Master of Acupuncture degree from Tai Sophia Institute (now the Maryland University of Integrative Health), one of the first regionally accredited acupuncture schools in America. She is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Maryland and an active member of the Maryland Acupuncture Society.
Emily’s undergraduate studies at St. Mary’s College were in art history. She worked as a graphic designer after college, but had always liked helping those around her feel better – via nutritional, exercise, or emotional wellbeing advice. Emily found that her bodily and emotional wellbeing were very much connected. She became drawn to the holistic, creative and caring approach of acupuncture.
Intrigued, but still a skeptic, Emily visited a local acupuncturist and was amazed at the unexpected changes she felt on all levels! With acupuncture Emily saw how the mind-body aspect of wellness was addressed. She decided she was ready learn the gifts of acupuncture and share them with others as a practitioner.
In addition to acupuncture, Emily is also a certified wellness coach and reiki level one attuned. She is a firm believer in the healing power of laughter. In her free time Emily enjoys doing yoga, cooking, playing board games with friends, and exploring local historic sites.
- Master of Acupuncture from Tai Sophia Institute (560 required hours of supervised clinical practice, 150 hours of clinical observation working with over two dozen faculty mentors, 200 hours of community service).
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Maryland
- Member of Maryland Acupuncture Society
- Clean Needle Technique certified.
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) training and clinical experience.